Custom Search

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The first week

I haven't been able to practice quite as much as I've wanted to. So far, I've just practiced my swing. I hope to hit some balls this afternoon as it's still early on Saturday. I have to do the yard as well.

I bought some clubs, shoes, and a glove. My wife has noticed the change as I've suddenly landed on some golf channels and games.

"It's starting," she said rolling her eyes after noticing. "We ARE NOT watching golf."

"No, I just wanted to see if you'd noticed."

"You're turning into a golf guy now," she said as she took the remote and moved us to the Cooking Channel.

The next day at dinner I told her that I bought a new baseball hat.

"It's a golfer hat isn't it?"

"No," I said. "You know how much I like 80's nostalgia. It's a 1980's hat."

She wasn't convinced.

"What does it look like?" she asked.

"It's like a trucker hat with the mesh in the back"

"Hrumph! It's a golf hat isn't it?"

"Why's it got to be golf hat? I just got a hat to prevent sun damage." I said.

We let it be for the time. I still havn't told her it reads "Callaway 1982" on the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment